Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
You probably know that an IRA is a great way to save for the future. You may even be making contributions to one set up through your work. But did you also know that an IRA can serve as a great investment vehicle? Investors use IRAs to hold a variety of assets, but many don’t know that you can invest in real estate with an IRA too. A self-directed IRA provides a lot of flexibility for real estate investing.
This episode is a special one for Invest Florida. We’ll be covering the many ways to invest in real estate with an IRA in front of our first-ever LIVE audience! Scott Maurer, of Advanta IRA, and investor, Dave Shaw join us for a special panel discussion on investing in real estate using a self-directed IRA.
Scott Maurer joined Advanta out of college. He has since become the Director of Business Development and regularly educates investors on the many advantages to investing through self-directed IRAs.
Dave Shaw is a real estate appraiser-turned investor who uses his self-direct IRA as a lending vehicle.
What You Need to Know to Invest in Real Estate With an IRA
- You can transfer funds IRA-to-IRA tax-free
- Funds can be transferred as-needed
- In Florida, IRAs are only protected against personal creditors, not real estate liabilities
Setting Up A Self-Directed IRA
- Advanta Costs:
- $50 account-opening fee
- One-time $95 investment fee (per investment)
- $295 annual account management fee (includes payments and expenses)
Lending Through a Self-Directed IRA
- You cannot lend to yourself or immediate family through your IRA
- Flexible lending terms – you can write your own agreements
- 12-15% on 6 month fix-and-flip
- 10% on 3 year lends
- To learn more about how you can invest in real estate with an IRA, call Advanta at (800) 425-0653 or visit their website. You can also check out educational videos and webinars from Scott on Advanta’s YouTube page.
- Dave is always looking for single and multifamily deals (4 units and less). You can reach him by email at email@example.com