Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
Tracking Investment Market Data
Finding a real estate market that fits your investment goals seems to be getting tougher and tougher. With markets tightening up across the state, investors are starting to feel it. Now, more than ever, investors need to be tracking investment market data – looking for trends and analyzing data to find viable markets.
Investors may be familiar with Yardi for property management services, but did you know they also offer comprehensive market research and data software? This system allows real estate investors to track investment market data on a national level, or zero-in on specific markets and sub-markets.
This episode, we welcome from Yardi Matrix: Senior analyst and editorial contributor, Chris Nebenzahl, and research and data analyst, Doug Ressler. They discuss what investors need to know about tracking investment market data. They also offer up an update on Florida’s commercial and multifamily markets.
Florida Multifamily Overview
- Rent growth and development strong overall
- Focus on A + Super A properties
- Urban living
- Attracts millennials
- Increasing demand for B + C properties, but limited supply
- B + C properties seeing value-add opportunity
- Sub-market level
Florida Multifamily Market Highlights
- Miami and Orlando: 9000 expected multifamily developments for completion, 2017
- Tampa: 7200 expected multifamily developments for completion, 2017
- Development expected to crest after 2017
- Rapid rent growth may pose affordability issues in Miami/SFL
Florida Commercial (Industrial/Self-Storage) Market Overview
- Strong self-storage appetite
- New focus on urban core
- Close proximity to multifamily developments
- Small cap rate compression
- Renewed interest in mixed-use developments
- Hotel occupancy slowing, but Orlando and Miami still strong
Tracking Investment Market Data with Yardi Matrix
- Macro or micro-level market data services
- Individual owner info; breaks LLC barriers
- Non-subscription services
Investor Resources and Contact
- For more information on Yardi Matrix services and subscriptions, visit their website or contact Doug directly by phone at (480) 663-1149 ext. 2419 or email at email@example.com