Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
As a real estate investor, especially in Florida, it is important to remember one thing: there is no single real estate market. The Florida real estate markets are diverse and dynamic and are comprised of many different asset classes; from single and multi-family to commercial investment markets. Naples, on microcosmic scale, is a good representation of a diverse market. Although, with low supply of available property and a near-exclusive cash-buyer’s market leading to high real estate values, it can be difficult to find a footing in investing in Naples real estate.
June Fletcher can be considered an expert on real estate markets. She has been involved in business and real estate reporting for nearly 30 years and currently works as a Business and Real Estate reporter for the Naples Daily News. As local resident of Naples, she has the inside scoop on the current state of the Naples real estate markets.
- Naples is one of highest Cash Markets in US
- Represent 7/10 buyers
- Collier County very diverse demographically
- Marco Island + City of Naples, largely wealthy
- Immokalee + other outlying areas, lower-income
- Higher-price market averages compared with FL
- Naples – $432k for single-family, $285k for townhomes/condos
- FL – $200k for single-family, $159k for townhomes/condos
- Higher net-worth value than state and national markets
- City of Naples – $752k
- State of FL – $395k
- US – $496k
- Decrease in Institutional Investor transactions (buys 10 or more units in calendar year)
- Not affordable for local residents
- Average income – $55k per year
- Not many multi-family developments or affordable living projects
- Ave Maria – planned community 20 mi. from City of Naples
- Long commutes
If you are looking to visit Naples for investment opportunities or just to enjoy its natural splendor, June recommends stopping by The Bayhouse Restaurant for some great local flavor and grub or to catch a live Celtic band!
If you wish to contact June for more information on Naples real estate, email her at: email@example.com
Look for June’s book, House Poor available now!