Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
Commercial real estate investors and developers know the term: “Green”. In Florida, it seems that “green” is the phantom criteria for real estate: many have heard of it, few have seen it. The term brings to mind vague notions of sustainability and energy efficiency, but what exactly is it? What is the merit in “going green”? As an effort to shift toward sustainability becomes a rising trend in the nation, Florida continues to lag behind as commercial developers and investors grapple with the nebulous nature of sustainability and green construction.
Sandra Adomatis, SRA, and LEED green associate is an appraiser with a focus on green initiatives and sustainability in real estate. Based out of Punta Gorda, Florida, Sandra has over 25 years of experience in real estate appraisal in the state of Florida. Sandra is a green valuation expert for the Appraisal Institute. Through course development, seminars and literature, Sandra has been helping commercial real estate investors integrate sustainability and energy efficiency into their investments.
- 6 Elements of a True Green Building
- Site orientation
- Water efficiency
- Low-flow plumbing, greywater recycling, rain barrels/cisterns, energy star rated washing appliances
- Energy efficiency
- Environmentally-friendly materials
- Clean air circulation
- Operations & maintenance
- Adapting Existing Structures
- Energy Modeler/building scientist
- Assess what existing structures can handle for energy and sustainability adaptations
- Calcs-Plus (Florida)
- Green building investment appeal
- Low-interest, flexible financing exclusive to green buildings
- Cost-saving on appliances and utilities
- 2-10% sale premiums vs. traditional structures
- Resources and Info
To find out more about sustainability options or for appraisal services, visit Susan’s website or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org