Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
No matter the size or experience of the investor, this is a widely-held belief. However, it is not simply about risk, but rather smart risks.
Diversifying risk is a key strategy for real estate investors looking to expand their bottom line.
Increasing the Bottom Line
We are pleased to welcome back to the show, Elysia Stobbe, NMLS# 146751. Listeners will remember Elysia from Episode 108, in which she discussed updates to SFR investor mortgages.
In addition to being a branch manager with NFM Lending, Elysia is a successful investor with over 30 property deals under her belt, doing deals in and around Jacksonville, FL. She is also a published author. Her best selling book, How to Get Approved for the Best Mortgage Without Sticking a Fork in Your Eye helps single family investors in obtaining secure, prime mortgages.
This episode of Landlord Tales, Elysia discusses her transition to multifamily investing and diversifying risk with geography and asset class. Through expanding focus into the multifamily asset class and remaining open-mined about market areas, Elysia learned that diversifying risk is a great way to increase returns.
- Multifamily offers greater cashflow potential than single family while minimizing tenant turnover risk
- Multifamily cap rates typically 2-4% higher than single family
- Remain open-minded about potential market areas
- Distressed properties can be made rentable
- Networking with wholesalers is great way to find distressed multifamily properties
- Craigslist; Bandit signs – WeBuyUglyHouses, iBuyHomes
- Property Managers
- Real Estate Investment Associations (REIAs)
Resources & Links
- For more info about mortgage lending, call NFM Lending toll-free at 888-574-7770
- You can purchase How to Get Approved for the Best Mortgage Without Sticking a Fork in Your Eye here:
- Dean Graziosi – Real Estate Investing Course
To catch up on past shows, visit our archives page!