Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
Steven McCraney, President and CEO of McCraney Property Company, lives his life by the Helen Keller quote: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” The West Palm Beach developer is an avid outdoors-man and mountain climber, scaling notable peaks such as, Mt Elbrus in Russia, Mt Rainier in Washington and Mt Aconcagua in Argentina. He has now turned his attention to the I-4 corridor and intends to build that area between Orlando and Tampa in to the next great industrial powerhouse. He has multiple projects in various areas of the corridor, but most recently, he is teaming with Northwest Mutual on a $30 million development of 603,000 square feet of warehouse space in Davenport, near US 27 and I-4.
Steven has developed, owned and managed over 3,000,000 industrial properties all over Florida. This episode, Steven discusses the merits of the industrial property market as well as his philosophy to approaching the market. This show is a must listen for stakeholders in Central Florida!
- Industrial Property Market is New Retail
- Rise of online-shopping leading to emphasis on warehouse/storage space
- Companies expanding warehouse/distribution centers
- Central Florida new ‘Hot Market’
- I-4 undergoing expansion project
- I-4 corridor (Tampa-Orlando-Space Coast) anticipating boom
- Amazon, Walmart developing large-scale distribution centers along corridor
- Other FL Markets
- Daytona, Space Coast growing
- South Florida good sellers’ market
- Tips for Success
- Treat clients as customers, not tenants
- Strive for class “A” properties and class “A” clients
- Anticipate change
- Keep close working relationship with financiers (banks, lenders, investors)
- Never be afraid to take the next step!
For more information on Steven’s company or to check out current projects visit his website.