Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
The real estate market is reaching a peak in its cycle. Investors are seeing a tightening market in many major asset classes, especially in residential and commercial multifamily markets. You may be wondering how you can find deals offering great value for your investment; it may be time to start thinking outside the box.
Did you know that buying notes can be a great alternative real estate investment strategy? Instead of buying a property, you buy and hold the debt on the property. With proper understanding of buying notes, this method can be a great alternative real estate investment strategy and maximize your cash flow.
Here to talk with us about note-buying is investor and educator, Tyler Sheff. We’re very excited to have Tyler on the show. A seasoned real estate investor as well as a licensed residential Realtor, Tyler is also the creator and host of The Cash Flow Guys podcast.
This episode, Tyler will share his transition from house-flipper to syndicator. He also discusses buying notes as an alternative cash flow strategy. He shares tips for developing sustainable investment strategies and pitfalls to avoid along the way.
- Buying non-performing notes can be a great strategy during a real estate market peak
- Debt sold at fraction of value
How to Invest?
- Joint Ventures: private money or IRA
- Financing through local banks
- 12-24 months before first returns
- Investors receive preferred returns and 5 & 10 year pro formas
- When buying notes, due-diligence is very important
- note documents mean a lot more than the property
- watch for missing or incorrect information on notes
- For more info on buying notes and debt investing, check out the Cash Flow Guys podcast. They’ve got several episodes on note-buying.
- To get in touch with Tyler or the Cash Flow Guys team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cashflowguys.com