Don’t miss a single show!
|Get the Invest Florida Show Mobile App! Click here—->||Apple||Android|
Florida has long been a favorite of vacationers. It has also been a favorite of those investing in vacation properties. Investing in vacation properties is a major market for Florida real estate investors.
We have discussed investing in vacation properties before. In ep. 39, we discussed investing in vacation properties using Airbnb, with Greg Bugay. This episode, however, focuses on the hotel market in Florida.
Who better to discuss that than Andrew Cohan?
Andrew Cohan is Managing Director for Horwath HTL, serving mainly Florida and the Caribbean. He is an expert on health and wellness resort properties and lends his expertise to determining optimum market demand for these types of properties.
This episode, Andrew discusses investing in vacation properties through branded hotels.
Miami Hotel Market
- Stronger presence of foreign capital than other FL metro areas
- International hotel brands coming to Miami
- Miami’s Leap to Global Gateway Status – Andrew Cohan
- Hotel transaction values have risen nearly 300 percent since early-2000s
Investing in Vacation Properties through Branded Hotels
- Condo-hotel units
Investing in Condo-hotel Units
- Not a conventional, cap rate-type of investment
- Unit investors typically earn about 40 percent back on investment
- Owner, manager and developer of resort may be 3 separate entities
- Investors need to know that circumstances may change over the investment’s life-time
Condo-hotel Draw for Developers
- Quick exit, high return opportunity
- Don’t have to worry about property management
- Brand managers or non-brand managers
If you are looking to find out more about investing in vacation properties through branded hotels, you have more questions about acquiring a condo-hotel unit or you are a developer looking to transition to hotel/hospitality, you can contact Andrew directly by phone or email: